Online Marketing, is the use of the Internet and social networks in order to improve the marketing of a product or service.
It is important to note that online marketing is a complement to traditional marketing, not a substitute.
The concept of online marketing emerged in the mid-nineties, with the emergence of the first electronic stores (Amazon, Dell others). Social Media Marketing, also called Marketing in Social Networks, is part of the Online Marketing although it is a concept that emerged several years later.
Why is Online Marketing so important in 2019?
- Measurement: when performing an online marketing strategy, it can be measured much more easily than traditional marketing strategies.
- Personalization: digital marketing democratizes personalization, that is, it allows you to personalize the treatment with the client at a very low cost. It is important to note that modern consumers expect a completely personalized treatment from companies.
- Brand visibility: if a company is not on the Internet then it “does not exist” because it has been proven that most people search on the Internet before buying a product or service in the physical or digital world.
- Recruitment and customer loyalty: online marketing allows to attract and attract potential customers and retain current customers.
- Increase in sales: online marketing can significantly increase sales of the company because the potential customers of most organizations are in the digital world.
- Create community: online marketing and especially social media marketing allows to create a community that interacts with the brand, creating an emotional link between it and its customers.
- Channel with great reach: online marketing uses the Internet and social networks as a channel, which allows a great impact on the reach and positioning of brands.
- Experimentation: online marketing allows you to test tactics and adjust strategies in real time to optimize results.
- Low cost: online marketing strategies are lower cost than most traditional marketing strategies, which makes them accessible to small and medium businesses.
Having a good online presence, develop a coherent strategy, properly manage your social networks and be participatory in your community, can facilitate the conversion of potential customers. To make it look a little clearer, we leave you with some very significant figures:
- 52% of the companies have obtained clients through Social Networks.
- More than 40% of brands receive friendship requests from LinkedIn.
- More than 50% of the brands have increased their budget for Online Marketing.
Although apparently creating a blog or managing social networks may seem like an apt task for many, you must keep in mind that making mistakes is very easy. The idea is for a professional in the sector to develop an online marketing plan for your company, which has two very different parts: strategic and operational.